The National Executive Council has decided to provide financial assistance under certain conditions to members who wish to attend further education or classes in the academic year 2018/2019. The conditions are as follows:
1. Preference will be given to applicants with a record of union activism at the various committee levels and who have enrolled in courses covering trade union or business studies. Members should provide details of union activism in the relevant section on the application form. This element of the application requires sign off from your local Union Official. Failure to receive sign-off will result in your application not being processed.
2. Applications for grants for courses or classes on leisure activities will not be considered.
3. Fees for the courses in question must be paid and the receipt attached. No application will be considered in the absence of a receipt. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the appropriate documentation is attached application.
4. All or any payment made will be at the discretion of the National Executive Council.
5. To ensure the continued participation by members who are awarded grants in the courses selected, the National Executive Council reserve the right to pay any grant sanctioned in two or more instalments or as may be decided
6. Consideration of applications will be confined to those with receipts for fees paid which are received
in your local union office by the closing date Friday 9th November 2018. Applications received after
that date will not be considered.
7. The decision of the National Executive Council on all matters relating to this scheme will be final.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS IS BROUGHT TO THE NOTICE OF MEMBERS IN YOUR PLACE OF
EMPLOYMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Your co-operation is much appreciated.
National Co-ordinator for Training
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION FORM BELOW