Negotiation Skills Part 1
Tuesday 26 February 2019
This one Day Progression Course in Negotiation Skills is for Trade Union Activists who have a desire to improve their knowledge and understanding in conflict resolution and negotiation skills, managing the Process and the Psychology of the Negotiating Environment.
There are 3 Levels:
- Building Skills and Knowledge
- Negotiations in Practice
- The Psychology of the Negotiating Environment
- Strategic Approach to Negotiations
- Collective Decision Making
- Identifying Goals to be Achieved
- Prioritising Issues
- Develop Tactical Plans.
- Tactics in Negotiations–Both Sides–*Key Learning
- Stone Walling
- Cooling off Periods
- The Negotiating Team – Formation; Delegation
- An evolving plan – Sitting around the table
- Different roles for different people
- Who takes the lead?
- Who takes the notes?
- Who provokes the other side?
- Who watches the other side?
- Handling problems without sensation and becoming emotional
- Producing facts to support arguments
- Predicting counter arguments
- Benchmarking – what are the markers to work towards;
- Top, Middle and Bottom
Certification & Progression:
Members who successfully complete this training course will obtain a Mandate certificate.
If you are interested in attending this training please contact your Mandate Union Official or the Mandate Training Centre on 01-8369699 or email email@example.com to secure your place.