Employment Law Part 1
Monday 9 September 2019
This one Day Progression Course in Employment Law is for Trade Union Activists who have a desire to improve their knowledge and understanding of employment law. Participants will gain an understanding of the legislative environment within which the employment relationship operates.
Sources of Irish Law
- Common law, judicial precedent
- Primary legislation
- Secondary legislation
- Role of EU law. Directives
The role of law in regulating working conditions.
- The role of law in promoting Equality, H&S and best practice in the workplace
- The rights and duties of both employers and employees in the workplace
Contract of employment
- Distinguish between an independent contractor (contract for service) and an employee (contract of service)
- The nature of employers defences
- Redress/remedies in Employment law
- Terms of employment and Information Act
- Organisation of Working Time
- Payment of Wages/Remuneration
- Equality and Discrimination
- Unfair Dismissal and Redundancy
- Redress for breaches of Employment Law
Certification and Progression:
Members who successfully complete this training course will obtain a Mandate Certificate.
As there is a high demand for this course please ensure to contact your Mandate Union Official or the Mandate Training Centre on 01-8369699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place.