Mandate Youth to host Social and Political Economy training course
Thursday 3 February 2022
Mandate Trade Union’s Youth Committee is to host a two-day Social and Political Economy training event on Monday 21st February and Tuesday 22nd February in Mandate’s Organising & Training Centre in Dublin.
The course is available to members under the age of 35 but spaces are limited. Anyone wishing to attend should email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The course will be delivered by Trademark Belfast and will cover the following topics:
- The Great Transformation and the Age of Capital
- Fordism, Taylorism and Consumer Capitalism
- Keynesianism, the New Deal and the Welfare Compromise
The Global Financial Crisis
- Classical Liberalism and Neo-Liberalism
- The emergence of Finance Capital
- The Great Recession and GFC 2008
Alternative economics and alternative economies
- Green Industrial Revolution and the Just Transition
- Democratising the economy
Trade Union Organizing
- What is a trade union and what does it do?
- Recruitment and organizing – Building a strong and active union
- What is union power and how do we build it?
- Building union campaigns – past and present