This one-day training course is designed to give participants an understanding of the essentials associated with effective meetings. It will cover a range of pertinent issues, including the committee members’ roles, planning/preparing for meetings (incl. agenda preparation), ‘best practice’ minute-taking, the management of challenging behaviours and scenarios at meetings and post-meeting assessment tools that are designed to enhance meetings for the future.
Learning Outcomes: At the end of this training course participants will understand:
- The roles and responsibilities of the ‘model’ Chairperson/Facilitator, Secretary/Recorder and the other meeting participants.
- How best to prepare tailored agendas efficiently and effectively.
- How to facilitate productive discussion via tactful questioning, active listening, appropriate acknowledgements, considered clarifications and succinct summaries.
- The importance and the art associated with the assignment of follow-up tasks or responsibilities and agreement on and the application of deadlines.
- The process for effective participation and decision-making, as customised to and agreed upon by the meeting group for the attainment of consensus.
- How to effectively manage and resolve challenging behaviours, situations and meeting attendees.
Apply for this course.