Negotiation Skills/Collective Bargaining
“The art of negotiations is a fine art”…. and much needed in the workplace”
To meet this need Mandate are running a 2 day Negotiations Skills Programme for members.
Who should attend?
Shop Stewards, Deputy Shop Stewards and house committee members
Duration: 2 days classroom based
Aims & Objectives: To enhance skills and confidence of workers who are entering or taking part in negotiations as part of their role as a union rep
Course Content Includes: How to:-
- Manage and coordinate behind-the-table negotiations
- Attain a deeper understanding of others’ needs to create more value and claim your share
- Prepare and plan; then execute: the stages of the negotiation process:
- Prepare, Information Exchange, Bargain, Conclude, Execute.
- Learn there is no shortcut to negotiation preparation.
- Building trust in negotiations.
- Communication skills are critical during bargaining.
- Develop Analytical Skills are basic for problem-solving situations.
- Listening skills will help you to analyse the situation and to see the possible opportunities.
- Be professional and control your emotions.
During exercises people will be able to analyse their strengths and weaknesses with self-assessment.
Apply for this course.