Irish Political Economy course available for young activists
Wednesday 29 January 2014, 06pm
Conor McCabe, Lecturer in Equality Studies, UCD School of Social Justice and author of Sins of the Father, will begin an 8 week education course on the political economy of Ireland for young trade unionists.
The course will commence on Wednesday, 5th February and will run from 6pm until 8pm in Mandate Trade Union Head Office, O’Lehane House, 9 Cavendish Row, Dublin 1.
Topics addressed in this course will include:
1. Introduction to political economy
2. The development of the Irish State
3. The IFSC and the global financial system
4. Debt: sovereign, private and mortgage-related
5. Austerity, tax avoidance and privatization
6. Gender and austerity
We’re asking for a voluntary contribution of €5 per week for waged and €2 for unwaged to participate.
comments powered by
Places for this course are limited so if you’d like to attend, please email your name, phone number and the name of your union to email@example.com as soon as possible.