Dublin South West
We have collective agreements with most major employers including Argos, Brown Thomas, Boots Debenhams, Dunnes, Superquinn, Tesco to name a few.
We have set up Local Councils in the division to enable the membership locally to participate in the running of the Union at a local level.
We have two local councils, each representing differing geographical areas within the Division:
• Local Council area (1) will represent Dublin City Centre South, Upper Baggot Street, Rathmines and Ranelagh.
• Local Council Area (2) will represent Crumlin, and Walkinstown, Ballinteer and Knocklyon.
Both Local Council s are up and running and the representatives for Local Council area (1) are:
• Margaret O Dwyer Chairperson, Margaret is a shop steward in Marks & Spencer’s Grafton Street and is member of the National Executive of Mandate, She has many years experience and we are delighted she has taken the role and will be an asset to the Local Council.
• Joan Gaffney Secretary, Vice-chairperson, Joan is the current President of Mandate Trade Union, and is a member of house committee in Brown Thomas, Joan has an in-depth knowledge of the union and her experience will be invaluable in this role..
• Elaine Markey Secretary, Elaine is a shop steward in Boots and was heavily involved in negotiating the new agreement “Creating a Work Life Balance” an agreement that is groundbreaking in the retail trade. She has a vast wealth of experience and we are delighted to have her in this role.
While Local Council Area (2) representatives are:
· Ms Teresa Mc Nally, Chairperson, Teresa a shop Steward in Superquinn Walkinstown and member of the National Negotiating committee for Superquinn. She is also a former member of the National Executive Committee and has vast amount of experience in dealing with Superquinn.
· Anthony Rock Secretary, Anthony is a shop steward in Superquinn Knocklyon and has been involved in the union for many years. He has a vast amount of local experience and was involved in the old Grocery trade branch
· Brain Rock Vice Chairperson, Brian is a shop steward in Superquinn Sundrive and has been involved in the union at a local for many years. He also was involved in the old Grocery trade branch and brings a wealth of experience to the role.
• The Dublin Southwest Division intends to become actively involved in campaigns on both local and national issues that are important to you our members and workers generally.
We would ask all members to keep in touch with the division by checking the website which we intend to update regularly and members who have articles they wish to contribute whether work or social related should do so by contacting any of the above.